Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Super busy!

I am trying very hard to keep my resolutions.

So far, in the 5 mornings that we have all had to leave the house by 6:30, I have not yelled.  So far, so good.  It leads to a much more pleasant morning.  The kids are seeing that, too.  They are learning if they do what they are supposed to do, when they are supposed to do it (eat, brush teeth, put on shoes, etc) then life is much nicer.  And I have done my part by making them more responsible at night.  They put their homework in their bags, make sure they have shoes, and put their bags by the door.  I have also been very good to make sure lunches are packed, coffee is made, and breakfast is on the table the night before.  By the time I actually sit down, I am exhausted, but the house is clean and everything is ready for the morning.  It makes me feel more at peace. 

Being optimistic is going well, too!  Last week, a coworker got a document reader from the district over break.  I saw it on the way to my room and thought, "Man, I really wanted one, bet I didn't get it."  Then I stopped myself and said, "No, be optimistic, if he got one, I bet I did, too!"  And sure enough, sitting on my supply cart was a document reader.  And I have used it every day!  Almost every period.  I am so happy!

I also have spent lots of time with the kiddos and off the computer.  We had family game night last week.  We played Pictureka and everybody did really well, even Gabe.  I thought he might struggle, but he did pretty good all on his own.  We were all really impressed. 

This past weekend we were gone to Engaged Encounter at a beautiful facility in Holly, Michigan.  It was the first weekend that we have presented with the new national outline and it went really well.  There are bugs to be worked out, but there will be with a new anything.  We had a really great time.

This week is super busy!  With meetings, grocery shopping, dance classes, swim lessons, basketball pictures, basketball games, doctor's appointments, and basketball practice.....we are on the GO!  But I think we have the schedule all worked out.  And I am going to try to get back in the pool this week.  I hope to find another meet this winter, I guess I should start looking so I know what to train for. Oh, and the Christmas decorations are still up and need to come down.

And we have a big event this week....Calah's first reconciliation.  I can't believe that she is ready for that.  I'm sure that she will do fine, but when I talked to her about what a sin was, she started crying.  She can't stand to have done something intentionally wrong.  So anything that she has to confess will probably make her burst into tears.  I hope that she can hold it together.  I kept telling her that she will feel so much better when she is done.  I won't be able to be there because they going during school, but I can't wait to get home to talk to her about it on Thursday.  I think we will celebrate that night.  After all, it is a sacrament and it deserves celebration.  Especially the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment