Sunday, January 15, 2012

Happy Anniversary

So today I have been married to my husband for 12 wonderful years.  I still remember our wedding day like it was yesterday.......

The morning of the wedding it was snowing, not a lot but enough to give everything a clean fresh coat.  I was so excited!  It was risky to try have a wedding in January, but I love the snow, and I love the winter, and in the long run, I am so glad that we did it. 


During breakfast, the boys pulled in.  Chuck and his groomsmen.  They were on the hunt for black socks.  Word to the wise, when renting a tux, they do not come with socks.  Anyway, Chuck was in the car, and I was ducking under the windows so he couldn't see me.  After they left, I had my hair done.  A few days earlier, I had had my nails done, but they were so incredibly long, and I was not used to them.  I couldn't even take my contacts out for days!

Once we were at the church, the bridesmaids, my mom, and I were all crammed into this little room, but it didn't matter.  We all got dressed and primped and ready.  Everything was just perfect.  When it came time for me to go down the aisle, I did have a moment of cold feet.  I actually asked my bridesmaids on the way out the door if they liked Chuck, because I could still call it off if I needed to.  They laughed and told me to go get married!

Our ceremony was perfect.  Our priest was so great and really made everyone feel comfortable.  The reception was a blast.  I know that I drank a lot, I always had a drink in my hand, but I never got drunk.  I think I sweat it all out.  I love to dance and I had a great time dancing the night away. 

After the wedding it was so nice to get away with my Charlie.  And I'll leave it at that. 

Our wedding day was wonderful and perfect.  But it was only the beginning of our great adventure.  We have had a fantastic marriage and I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment