Friday, January 13, 2012

First Snow Day

Today is the first snow day of the 2011-2012 school year.  I have to admit I was a little surprised.  When I looked out the window this morning, I was positive we would have school, but then, slowly, the closings for my county came in.  Then I was positive that the kids had school.  But they get to stay home, too!  The only bummer is that Chuck had to go to work.  I don't think it's the school day itself, it's the complaining that the students will be doing that bothers him.  I understand.  There are days we go to school when the surrounding schools are off, and I have to hear it, too.

Anyway, I did try to sleep in a little bit.  The kids were up at the usual time, wanting to be fed and watch cartoons.  It was nice to just relax and enjoy the morning.  Then I sent the kids out.  They were outside for over an hour, and I finally called them in.  Maybe after lunch and a nap they can go out again.  Right now they are playing upstairs.  I love that they get along and play nicely together, most of the time.

As for me, I think I should finally get out of my pjs and get some things done.  The rest of Christmas decorations have to come down and I need to put the winter decorations out.  There is clutter in almost every room that needs to be cleaned up.  And I am sure that there is a project I could find to work on.  I think that I'll do it slowly and enjoy the day, too.  Maybe we need to play a couple of games when the kids start to bicker.  Since we have the weekend, too, I am not in any big hurry to make sure everything gets done.  I think a nap at some point this weekend is called for.

Maybe I'll stay in my pjs all day after all.......

No comments:

Post a Comment