Sunday, August 21, 2011

A Week At the Lake

It is probably my favorite time of the year: the week we spend at the lake.  I love it there and I mean REALLY love it.  It is my favorite place in the whole world.  What makes it even better is spending it with my family.  This year we had perfect weather.  Everyday was sunny and 75-80.  Virtually cloudless skies.  The water was cool, but not unbearable.  We never turned on a fan during the day, or had to bundle up at night.  Fabulous.

So, some highlights of this wonderful week.  Chuck took the kids fishing and Calah caught a HUGE large-mouth bass off the dock.  She loved it. 
Calah also went tubing every day.  It makes me nervous when she bounces around, but she had a blast!  She even protested when we finally stopped after eight times around the lake.  Gabe built lots of roads in the sand and played nicely with his sister.  They loved going to the Trufant flea market on Thursday.  We gave them each $2 and let them buy whatever they wanted.  Gabe got a Star Wars spaceship and Calah got glass figurine.  They are both so proud of their purchases.

As for me, a lot of reading.  Before we left, the family made a trip to the library.  When I walked out with five books, Chuck laughed and asked when I was going to read all of them.  So, I am proud to say, I am halfway through the fifth book.  I read some good ones.  A couple of James Patterson books (which I always love), a Jodi Picoult, a John Grisham (the one I am reading, now), and a truly excellent book by Laura Lippman.  It was called, "I'd Know You Anywhere".  I was intrigued because it was on Stephen King's list of books to read.  I won't spoil it for anyone who would like to read it, but it involves the abduction of a teenage girl, an inmate on death row, and a few twists.  I highly recommend it.

So, that was our week at the lake:  perfect weather, fun in the sun, and some excellent reading.



No comments:

Post a Comment