Sunday, February 12, 2012

Taking Care of Myself

So this past week I have been sick.  And instead of running myself into the ground like I normally do, I went to bed and stayed there. 

It started last Sunday in my chest and I knew I was in for it.  So Monday I went to doctor's.  Here is what they told me.  First it will take your voice, then, after the antibiotics where off, you'll be exhausted and get a deep cough in your chest that will last for about four weeks.  Lovely, huh?  So much to look forward to.  So, I got a shot of antibiotics and went home to bed.

Tuesday I took  a nap and went to bed early.  Wednesday, bed early.  Thursday, bed early.  I did make it to work everyday, but it was push.  Fortunately, I have an absolutely wonderful husband who made dinners, lunches, and took care of the kids.  I didn't go to the pool on Tuesday because I didn't want to push myself too hard, although I did finally find my motivation (when I went to the doctor I found out how much weight I have lost...YAY!).  This week I have had more sleep than I have had in a long time.  And it totally paid off, I am finally starting to feel better.

Friday night Chuck and I relaxed in preparation for Saturday.  A day of cleaning!  After letting the house go all week, it was a day long necessity!  But we got it done, and today is just a relaxing day with a little laundry and school work to do.  But at least I am feeling better.

No comments:

Post a Comment